Monday, October 15, 2007

VBC 299er

I played with a new partner in the VBC 299er sectional this weekend. We played rather well in the first session and then bombed out in the next 2. We just weren’t on the same wave length it seems. (Wavelength is the name of my dads yacht in NZ)
We have only played twice before so need some more practice and some basic agreements. Despite the results, I had a very nice weekend, lots of fun with a relaxed and kind partner. I love playing with someone who is willing and able to discuss the hands afterwards.

This being a 299er I would imagine it was low key as opposed to open tournaments. TDs calls were frequent for leads out of turn (OLOOTs in TD language) what I noticed most was the amount of UI being passed. At one stage my partner who had been a very cautious bidder even said "Im being aggressive here" before making her bid. The opps did not blink and I tried to ignore the information. We had a good laugh about it after the hand.

The players and TD were nice, the food was great, the price was right - $5 a session, overall a great weekend. I was exhausted afterwards.

Next up in my TD exam on Wednesday, though I may have to postpone it to next week. I’m trying to learn all about movements, LOOT’s, insufficient bids etc – none of which occur online of course.

No comments: