Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crash and Burn

Yesterday was my last day at the Regional and today I have crashed to an unbelievable low. My game was not good in the morning and I made some careless mistakes,then later in the afternoon games, my (afternoon) partner started being critical of my play. I think I held it together well and finished the day without going on a tilt or fighting back but today I am feeling extremely bad.

So what happened? I started the week with a win and an amazing high, for the rest of the week I was playing 3 games a day with alternating highs and lows.
I was not sleeping, eating or exercising properly. I started to let little things get to me, such as when a player I admired from the club made a crack about my win on Monday, I let that eat away at me. I take things very personally and I hate letting my partners down by making careless mistakes. Nevertheless, Peter doesn’t react to my mistakes and I’m sure he isn’t expecting me to play like a pro so its mostly all the crap I’m piling on myself. I’m going to make mistakes, I guess at times even the best do. Keep calm and focused!

Today I am giving up caffeine :)

I have a lot of good and interesting things I want to blog about so when I've picked myself up, I'll do that. Its funny, despite this drama I would still rather be out there today, playing, than anything else.

No comments: