Wednesday, November 7, 2007

2/1 by passed hand is NF!

I played with Barbara at the VBC Centre yesterday. I thought we had a poor game due to my incredibly bad playing, I play too fast and I am not watching discards. After the dust had settled and the results posted we had earned master points, coming 3rd in B and 1st in C. Strange things these MP’s!

A couple of things I need to take away from the games is; its ok to PASS
We play short club, Barbara opened 1C and I held 3352, 4 count. Not wanting to leave her in 1C, I bid 1D

Here is the auction
N W S E
1C (P) 1D (1H)
X (P) 2D (2H)
2S (AP)

Barbara: AQxx,xx,AKQ,Axxxx
Me: xxx,QJx,Jxxxx,xx

Not a disaster but a lesson none the less.

The second hand was where I decided to pass a 3334 11 count (my openings are becoming more disciplied ;-) ) and when Barbara opened 1S I bid 2C intending to show delayed support. Needless to say I didn’t get another bid.

N W S E
- - P (P)
1S (P) 2C (AP)
N A10xxx,xxx,Ax,KQx
S QJx,Jxx,Kxx,Axxx

So my bid is 3S, not ideal with 3 card support, what is.

2/1 by a passed hand is NOT FORCING


I sat my Club Directors exam and passed, yes I can read a rule book. I’d like to become a TD and be involved in the juicy UI, MI, LA’s but I imagine I would need a lot more experience both playing and running club games first.

1 comment:

pattayabridge said...

Looks like you need to add Drury to your list of conventions.