Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Teams

I played my first teams match at the club last night and it was a lot of fun! After the first set we trailed by 1 imp, ater the second set the opponents had taken off and won by 20+ imps.

One memorable hand, I held 1453 16 count and Barbara opened 1C.

1C:1D
1H: ?

What is my bid, what is 3H here?
I thought 3H would be inviational but some were
saying that was the correct bid. Had we agreed to play strong Walsh then 1D would deny a 4 card major unless my hand is strong enough to force game, so here 3H would show 4hearts and have slam interest. But we dont have that agreement, so I didnt. :-)

I bid 1S then jumped to 4H after Barbara bid 1nt. Bad bid but right contract.

I'd like 1S in this sequence to be 4sf, saying nothing about Spades, I can bid spades again with a real suit gf but most people seem to play 2S as 4sf, that takes up a lot of room.

We are also having trouble the 1M:2m, I will bid 1M:2m 2M here with a 5card suit, poor hand but my partner is expecting 6 of the major and will put me to 3M holding xx when we would be better in 2M or 2nt. At the moment I dont know what to change here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question for me would be: what would 3S show?

If it shows a splinter in spades with heart support, there ya go.

Kathryn said...

A splinter here would have been great.