Saturday, February 7, 2009

Time Out

Bidding is driving me nuts. I'm putting my bridge bidding on hold until I have a regular partner who wants to work on a set of agreements.
With plenty of work to do on my play I wont be bored! My counting is improving but still needs work. Something new to work on, after Ive gone down in yet another contract my partners will often say, 'you could have made that if you had end played West" I know what an end play is but have not been able to execute one on purpose. I need to get some books and study, play less.

Snow is sparse this year, after a great start and early dump it has fizzled out. Mt Washington race was postponed and Whistler has little snow. Grouse has a lot of snow but it is quite icey, not the best sort of conditions for this ski bunny. Thinking of snow starts me wondering what we will do next year for the 2010 games - rent our house out at exorbitant prices and take off to Hawaii ? We should start making plans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I enjoy reading your blog. Like you I am learning and making lots of mistakes. I am looking for a partner with whom | can work out a mutually acceptable system. I usually play on BBO as mijical for an hour between 9 and 10 PM Mountain time on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday as well as at other times. If you are interested you could look for me on BBO or send me an email and see if we can find a mutually convenient time to try a few hands together before discussing systems my email address is jmcaul@telus.net Jim McAulay Hanna Alberta.

justin said...

my grandmother and I have been playing together for the last 6 months and I can tell you from previous experience that not having a partner you can completely trust WILL damage your chances of winning, and more importantly having a fun time. The game is so much more enjoyable now that I'm playing w/my grandmother.